COVID-19 Policy and Protocols
We continue to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 diligently and are closely listening to CDC and State Department recommendations on travel and make adjustments to our trips as necessary. Our COVID-19 policies and protocols can be found on this page and will be updated as is necessary as the situation is dynamic. Whether you’re ready to jump on a plane and join us abroad immediately or wish to wait until next year we’re here ready and waiting!
Current and Future Participants
Traveling in the foreseeable future will, undoubtably, be different. We want to highlight some points that will directly affect current and future trips. Please note these bullets are generic across all our destinations and may differ for an individual country.
- Country entry requirements. Some countries may impose certain entry requirements which is both dependent on the destination country and the originating country. Each country is different and you will be informed of the specific requirements (in addition to our own policy) upon joining a trip. We are not responsible if you fail to meet country entry requirements and there will be no refunds nor credits if you are unable to attend our trip due to failing to meet country entry requirements.
- Changes to the itinerary. Itineraries may be altered due to local rules and regulations that are in place at the time of the trip. As the situation is dynamic things can change over time (especially for far out departures). You will be informed about any itinerary changes should they arise. If we have to cancel an activity (due to local restrictions) we will do our best to replace it something just as fun! There will not be any refunds nor price adjustments should we need to alter an itinerary under these circumstances.
- Country specific social distancing and PPE requirements. We must abide by all local rules and regulations in regards to social distancing and PPE. While restrictions are being lifted around the world there might be times where the group must social distance and/or wear PPE in order to comply with local rules and regulations (of the country you are visiting). Your understanding and cooperation is tremendously appreciated.
- Returning to your origin country. If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry to your origin country your group leader will take you to a testing site during the trip. Please note you are responsible for any and all testing costs. Further, you are also responsible for any and all costs associated with a positive COVID-19 test result which would mean needing to staying longer in the country at hand until you test negative.
Prior to joining one of our trips you must attest to the following:
- You have (1) received a full vaccination cycle for COVID-19 with the final dose taken at least 14 days prior to the departure date or (2) provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours of the trip start date. Note: if you do not qualify for condition (1) and are unable to provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the trip start date you will not be allowed to participate on the trip; no refunds nor any credits will be issued in this circumstance.
- You have not exhibited any COVID-19 related symptoms within 7 days of the departure date. If you begin to exhibit COVID-19 related symptoms within 7 days of departure you are required to notify us immediately and remove yourself from the trip; no refunds nor any credits will be issued in this circumstance.
While on one of our trips you must agree to the following:
- Face coverings must be worn when local rules require it and/or if your group leader asks of it. While countries are lifting PPE requirements there might be instances where they are required during your trip.
- You agree to remove yourself from the trip if you develop any COVID-19 related symptoms during the trip. You understand there will be no refunds or credits issued in this circumstance and are responsible for any and all costs returning home.
- You must abide by any and all local rules and regulations at the time of your trip.
Transferable Trip Credits
We’re pleased to offer you Transferable Trip Credits! You may cancel your trip up until 60 calendar days prior to your departure date and receive credit (equivalent to all monies paid to date) valid for 12 months (from the date of cancellation notice).
Terms & Conditions
- Notification must be made in writing (via email) before the aforementioned cancellation date
- Credit is equivalent to all monies paid (up until date of cancellation notice ) which will be honored as credit towards a future trip
- Normal Terms & Conditions apply
- Safety and well being. We look to the CDC for their recommendations on the matter and would never jeopardize the health of any of you or our staff members.
- Getting you to/from your destination. Given the recent travel bans and quarantine measures this has become a concern. If we think there is a possibility that we cannot get you to your destination or there’s a risk of you being stuck in your destination we might have to cancel the trip.
- Shutdowns in your destination. If there are local shutdowns in your destination that could affect the trip then this could result in a cancellation. It doesn’t make sense to go on a trip if there are significant closures and you aren’t able to enjoy the trip we have created.
We require mandatory travel insurance for all of our travelers and are recommending our participants consider CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) coverage like the one offered by Travelex. While basic travel insurance covers medical expenses abroad it does not cover things like “feeling uncertain” about traveling to a location. However, adding a special coverage like CFAR would allow you to cancel for any reason (per their Terms and Conditions). Therefore, we are strongly advising travelers consider this option if they are concerned about traveling at this time!
General Safety Measures
There is a lot of information going around about the current COVID-19 outbreak and we want to make sure you have the most reliable information on what the outbreak is and measures to take on keeping yourself safe. Therefore, we have compiled a list of resources we think you will find valuable and useful:
Have any further questions or concerns? We’re here for you!