Participants on our trips range in from 25 to early 40s with an average age in the early 30s.
Our groups range in size from 4 to 14 young adults.
You must apply to be considered for one of our trips. We use the application to learn a bit about you, what are you looking to get out of a trip and the reasons you wish to attend a trip. The application is used to make sure you are right for group travel and that your particular travel style and interests are aligned with the specific trip you wish to attend. We want to make sure you’re attending a trip that you will enjoy (given your travel style) so that your hard earned dollars are put towards the best experience possible!
Each trip is a little different so it’s hard to group everything in one bucket but, in general, you can expect a mid range quality of travel (of course dependent on each country). In general, you can expect to travel comfortably; we are not a luxury travel company but, on the flip side, neither are we a budget travel company.
Over 85% of participants on our trips attend solo!
Yes, if you’re applying for a trip more than 120 days prior to the trip start date you will have the option to pay off the remaining balance with a payment plan. The payment plan is set up such that you will pay in 3 equally spaced and priced installments with the third installment due 60 days prior to the trip start date.
If you’re applying for a trip more than 60 days prior to the trip start date you will have the option to secure your spot with a deposit payment (of $199) with the remaining balance due 60 days prior to the trip start date. If you are applying less than 60 days prior to the trip start date then the full trip payment is due when upon applying.
We think group travel is amazing (duh) but completely understand it’s not for everyone. If you are down for new experiences, are able to go with the flow and be flexible, open to meeting new people from all walks of life and are okay leaving your comfort zone then group travel can be a wonderful experience! If you are very set in your (travel) ways, get upset or complain easily, are not interested in meeting new people, or are an extremely independent traveler group travel might not be the best fit for you.
In general our trips (like most group travel companies) skew towards more female participants than male. Historically, our trips have been comprised of about 80% women and 20% men but, of course, each trip and date is different.
If you’re applying and accepted 60 days or more prior to the trip start date the following timeline is valid:
- Within 48 hours of application submission: someone from our team will personally email you welcoming you to the trip. If you have any remaining balance to pay off this email will contain a payment link.
- 59 days prior to the trip start date: you will receive another email from us containing important documents (detailed itinerary, packing lists, country specific information), forms to fill out for your trip (roommate survey, health form, traveler bio, etc.) and a link to the group WhatsApp chat
- About 2 weeks prior to the trip start date: traveler bios will be circulated in the group WhatsApp chat so you can begin to get to know one another before you even land
- About 1 week prior to the trip start date: roommate assignments will be circulated in the group WhatsApp chat
- 3 days prior to the trip start date: you’ll receive a reminder email from us about first day procedures on how to meet your group and group leader
If you’re applying and accepted less than 60 days prior to the trip start date the above timeline is still valid but your initial welcome email will contain all the documents, forms and group WhatsApp link.
We certainly hope you do not need to cancel a trip but we understand things happen. If you cancel your trip the following timelines will apply.
- If you cancel a trip 60 days or more prior to the trip start date you may choose between the following:
- A refund of all monies paid less deposit less credits applied to the booking
- A “Credit” (equivalent to all monies paid less credits applied to your booking) valid for 1 year
- Between 30 and 59 days prior to the trip start date: we charge a cancellation fee of 50% of all monies paid inclusive of credits applied to the booking
- 29 days or fewer prior to the trip start date: we charge a cancellation fee of 100% of all monies paid inclusive of credits applied to the booking
You can view the complete cancellation terms on the Terms and Conditions page.
Whenever you see limited availability remaining it either means the group size is encroaching on the maximum that we allow (14 young adults) or that we can only accept a limited number of participants given the constrains of the accommodations reserved. As the trip start date approaches we have to manage the inventory of accommodations we have reserved to be fair to our counter parties which are mostly independently owned hotels, B&Bs and apartment owners. Therefore, if you see “there are 3 spots left” this isn’t necessarily indicative of 11 participants currently signed up.
For trips beginning December 7, 2022 (or later) we are no longer requiring vaccination proof prior to joining a trip. Please see the COVID-19 FAQ section for more information.
Each trip is different but in general you can expect that all accommodations (double occupancy), some meals, some activities and some transportation are included with each trip. The inclusions of each trip differs as each trip is tailored differently (depending on the theme and country of the trip) so we encourage you to read about specific inclusions (and exclusions) on each trip page.
No, unfortunately airfare is not included in any of our trips. On each trip page you will find a Flight Information section which details arrival and departure times.
Yes, 59 days prior to each trip start date you will receive a link to a group WhatsApp chat where you will be able to communicate with your fellow trip participants.
In general you can expect a mid-range quality of accommodation on each trip (dependent on the location, of course). For example, if the trip utilizes hotels you will generally stay in 3 star quality hotels. Priority for the accommodations on each trip is location over amenities; we prefer that you stay in a comfortable but modest hotel that is centrally located rather than a luxurious hotel that is farther away, all else equal. Some trips utilize private apartments and B&B’s so we encourage you to read about the specific accommodations on each trip. Each trip page has an FAQ section with one question entitled What are the accommodations like? which outlines specifics to that trip.
All our trips are are based on double occupancy rooms so if you’re joining solo we’ll pair you up with someone else on the trip (of the same sex) based on a roommate survey that you will submit (after joining the trip). If you are joining with another person and wish to share a room with that person then you will!
Yes, a single room supplement is available on each trip, however, it’s subject to availability. Each trip page has information on single room supplements including availability and pricing.
Yes, dietary restrictions can be accommodated for on our trips. On some trips, however, strict dietary restrictions might result in limited food selections but you will still have something to eat nevertheless.
You will meet the group on the first day of your trip at some point! Each trip page has an FAQ section with one question entitled Where will I meet the group on the first day? which outlines specifics to that trip.
You will need a valid passport for all our trips and, depending on the country you’re traveling to and the issuing country of your passport, you might need a visa as well. Each trip page has an FAQ section with one question entitled What documents will I need? which outlines specifics to that trip.
Absolutely (with the exception of our Cuba trip)! This is your vacation and if you are not up for something then please do not feel forced to participate. The one exception being our Cuba trip in which (by law) you must adhere to the itinerary.
Unforuntately we do not provide services for accommodations (or other things like transfers) outside of the dates of each trip. We can, however, recommend hotel stays for you to book on your own given your budget constraints.
Travel insurance is mandatory for all participants on our trips. Your travel insurance must provide coverage against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation covering all applicable dates of travel with us. While the recommended minimum coverage is $200,000 for each of the categories of cover, we require at least $100,000 of coverage for medical expenses and emergency repatriation.
It depends on what options you include in your travel insurance coverage and what your reason is for cancellation. Many travel insurance underwriters will include a cancel for any reason option which we strongly recommend obtaining in your travel insurance. While this option does add extra cost to your overall travel insurance it gives you peace of mind knowing that your hard earned dollars are safe in case something happens last minute. Each insurer and coverage plan is different so be sure to know what is covered before obtaining insurance!
It depends on what options you include in your travel insurance coverage. Many travel insurance underwriters will include a trip interruption or delay option which we strongly recommend obtaining in your travel insurance. While this option does add extra cost to your overall travel insurance it gives you peace of mind knowing that you will be reimbursed (by your travel insurance company) should your flight be cancelled or delayed causing you to miss some of your trip. Each insurer and coverage plan is different so be sure to know what is covered before obtaining insurance!
Most do but it’s not a guarantee. We strongly recommend that your insurance coverage include COVID-19 related expenses so double check that this is included before obtaining travel insurance!
You should plan on budgeting anywhere from $50 to $130 depending on what coverage you choose in your travel insurance plan.
For trips beginning December 7, 2022 (or later) we are no longer requiring vaccination proof prior to joining a trip. However, we strongly recommend that all participants get the vaccine to protect themselves and others.
It’s important to educate yourself about the current country entry requirements before booking a trip. While you can use the following as a guideline we still recommend that you research current entry requirements independently to ensure that you are comfortable traveling to a specific destination.
- Argentina (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry.
- Belize (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry. You can read more about Belize entry requirements here.
- Costa Rica (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry.
- Croatia (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry
- Cuba (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry though Cuba health authorities may randomly select arriving passengers for COVID-19 PCR testing.
- Greece (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry though passengers must fill out the Passenger Locator Form.
- Iceland (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry. You can read more about Iceland entry requirements here.
- Morocco (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry though passengers must fill out the Public Health Passenger Form.
- Peru (last updated 10/22/22): You must either be (1) fully vaccinated or (2) show proof of a negative test 48 hours prior to boarding your flight. You can read more about Peru entry requirements here.
- Portugal (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry.
- Thailand (last updated 10/22/22): Vaccination and testing requirements are no longer required for entry.
If you begin to exhibit COVID-19 related symptoms within 7 days of the start date of your trip you must notify us immediately and remove yourself from the trip. Further, if you develop COVID-19 symptoms during a trip you will need to isolate from the group until you’ve been able to provide a negative test. You may “shadow” the group during this circumstance and your group leader will help you with logistics though you would be responsible for any incidental costs such as lodging and transportation. There will be no refunds nor credits issued in either of these circumstances; therefore, we strongly recommend that your travel insurance include a cancel for any reason option. Please refer to the Travel Insurance FAQ section for more information.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms or local health officials require it in other circumstances you will be required to obtain a COVID-19 test at your own expense. If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms but someone else on the trip either has COVID-19 or shows symptoms you are not required to obtain a test though we strongly recommend that you do so.
Face coverings must be worn when local rules require it and/or if your group leader asks of it.